Thursday, January 31, 2013

Quick Vegetable Quiche

It's that time again! School has opened after the summer vacation. I m sure most of the parents of primary school kids will start stressing again 'what food I m going to pack for lunch'.

There are lots of excellent ideas everywhere by many people. I m going to share here one of those ideas but as usual I have made some changes according to my taste. My kids & hubby loved it!

The recipe is Vegetable Quiche and I adapted the basic ingredient ideas from the website ninemsn food.

Ingredients:

Vegetables - 3/4 cup finely chopped
(I used Red Capsicum, cauliflower, potato, cabbage)
Milk - 1/2 cup (I used whole milk)
Eggs - 2
Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
Self Raising Flour - 1/4 cup
Salt - to taste
Black Pepper grounded - 1 tsp
Cheddar Cheese - 1/4 cup shredded.

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare baking dish by lining a baking paper.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add buttermilk, milk & ground black pepper.
3. In another bowl sift the flour, add salt & finely chopped vegetables. Give it a good mix.
4. Now add 3/4th of shredded cheese to the vegetable mixture; add the egg mixture; give it a good stir.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin. Top it up with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake for about 30 - 35 mins or until the mixture is set & cheese are melted.
7. Serve hot with crispy bread or French fries (potato fries).

Hints:

Add more veggies or meat as per your taste.
You can cook it in normal gas/electric stove in low flame/heat using heavy bottomed non- stick / Teflon pan.

This is a quickie version. I will soon post the recipe of Quiche done in microwave.
Do try the recipe & post your comments

No comments: